We’ve been talking a lot about agile methodology lately, but why? What are the benefits of agile methodology?
The agile approach defines the business goals and success criteria in smaller increments, taking a project through several rounds of development, testing and deployment. This differs from what we call the waterfall method, which took a project from design to deployment in one steady stream. Agile’s constant cycle of design, test, deploy, delivers continuous subsets of high-value features and puts them in the hands of users as fast as possible.
Taking a more agile approach to projects offer a number of advantages to a business, ultimately making it more efficient and boosting the bottom line.
Here are five benefits of agile methodology:
1. More Control: Incremental developments hold tremendous value for the project team and the customer. Work can be broken into parts and conducted in rapid, iterative cycles. The regular meetings that are part of agile allow project teams to share progress, discuss problems and work out solutions. They also help make the entire process more transparent.
2. Better Productivity: The incremental nature of the agile method means that projects are completed in shorter sprints, making them more manageable. It also allows products to be rolled out quickly and changes to be easily made at any point during the process.
3. Better Quality: Because it is iterative, one big benefit of agile methodology is the ability to find problems and create solutions quickly and efficiently. The flexibility of the agile method allows project teams to respond to customer reaction and constantly improve the product.
4. Higher Customer Satisfaction: Close collaboration between the project team and the customer provides immediate feedback. The customer is able to make tweaks to their expectations and desires throughout the process. The result: a more satisfied customer.
5. Higher Return on Investment: The agile method’s iterative nature also means the end product is ready for market faster, staying ahead of the competition and quickly reaping benefits. The benefits of the agile method are cutting costs and time to market in half, while increasing application quality and customer satisfaction.
Denysys understands the government’s need to work with small businesses that can deliver consistently high-quality services at competitive prices.
Are you a seasoned veteran or starting your career? We’ll give you the opportunity. You bring the enthusiasmCareers at Denysys